Day 32

After writing about deleting people on Facebook yesterday I felt really bad. So bad that I did a 180 in my own bed. Let me tell you, waking up where your feet should be is a rather traumatic experience! And I lost two buttons on my pajamas.

I got over it with the help of, among other things, the latest Glee episode. OMG, it is full to the rim with the bestest quotes ever! Don't you just love it when you can hear the writers laughing in the background because they must have had so much fun writing the episode?!

Sue Sylvester: "My parents were famous Nazi hunters, so they weren't around a lot" or "I just lost my train of thought because you have so much margarine in your hair" or "I thought I smelled cookies from the tears of elves weeping that live in your hair" ... LOVE that woman. I want to be like her when I grow up. And I want some cutie like Will Schuster around to torment.

Later in the day, somebody dared suggest that this deleting-friends-thing might be a sign of boredom. Outrage gave way to thoughtfulness. Hmmm. Well. Let's assume someone checks Facebook every 10 minutes or so in the hope of being entertained by some witty comment or status update. And let's assume that that someone is disappointed 99% of the time because there is nothing new there and nothing in the least entertaining there. So, logically, that certain someone would grow bored-annoyed with the whole thing fairly quickly.

The death of Facebook may be looming. Add their annoying privacy policies to the boredom factor and the far-too-many-friends-who-are-annoying factor and the general level of annoyance vis-a-vis many things factor and it becomes a certainty. (btw, I had the following thought today: if I had to pay 50c for every friend, how many of them would I have?)

Today, I am grateful for seeing the sleeping face of a very recent newborn. I am deeply touched.
Life is good.