And of course, there is Kim Ji-hoon. Yum. Yum. YUM. YUM.
The PDnim seems to know exactly what we want as he showers us with KJH's smiles and shy cuteness. I am looking forward to seeing this one fight for his love (- and even more to seeing his abs).
The episode opens with a family-dinner from hell, with everybody hating each other while discussing tax evasion and other low stuff the rich usually care about. The Dragon Mother and her foul gossipy mouth? Priceless. Song Ji-hye is getting more uncomfortable by the minute and I would like to smack her. Seriously, she could play along a bit better?! Not getting a screencap as a punishment.
Thinking lusty thoughts, KJH, sorry, Kang Tae-wook, has to pull a full-stop in front of a red light and warm-up oppa, who cannot stop thinking about her, cannot stop, cannot stop and suffers sooooooo, almost rear-ends them, but can swerve to the left just in time. The two cars sit next to each other for a while - as the two men look at each other for a while. Enemies right away. Rawwwr. Warm-up oppa almost recognizes her, but this is KDrama, so ... not yet.
Other noteworthy stuff:
-Mistreated Wife has been at the Hell-House for 7 effin years. I do wonder why she lets herself be mistreated like this? Does she secretly like it? She really loves her kids, though. There is one important scene, when the woman from the art-center approaches her after hockey practise (her elder daughter does really well!) and is all friendly-chummy. But later, when she's back at the art center, she kicks the picture Mistreated Wife painted and says: "I will destroy you, Hong Hye-Jung" (that's the mistreated wife)
- Slightly Dumb Wife is continuing to be thick and also clingy. When her sister-in-law says she's crazy to be bothering about this stupid husband, she says:"That's his character and this is my destiny." Good line. It thoroughly defines her. At the end of the episode, she finally does see that her husband is cheating.
- Cheating Anchorman: wow, he himself is being made pathetic in this episode, when his Anchorwoman affair constantly ridicules him in front of her husband, who came to visit her. She is a bitch and Anchorman will suffer. In fact, the suffering has started for our men.
- Tae-wook's Cheating Brother goes to the art center and lustily looks at Art Woman in a red silk gown. He sells him a very expensive painting. This will not end well. By the way, warm-up oppa's company is dealing with Cheating Brother. Warm up-oppa is thoroughly disgusted by Taek-woo's brother (cause he is such a good, good guy) and walks out of a meeting.
- And right, then there is Career Woman, too ... she is having a hard time due to her anal superior, who probably has a crush on her. Her husband helps her and makes her laugh. And he tells her that she is scaring the men. They want to be appreciated and praised. Or in other words: they want to be flattered. Good advise.
Warm-up oppa (can I call him Big Snore, too?) and Song Ji-hye have a drink. She is all "this was no big deal with you" ladiladila and he is sad about it, cause he believes her, of course. Being so good and all. But then, everything changes when she tells him not to lie about his big feelings - didn't he fail to show up at the promised location? She was there?! Oh no ... and he was late. Very dramatic exit and chasing scene follows, with a lot of angst. I kinda like it.
Her sister has a heart-to-heart with him, he says "yes", "yes, I understand", and "I can handle it" (it being Song Ji-hye's sensitive side). She warns him not to be over-confident. And she ends the conversation by telling him that they'll accept half the money - so they'll all meet half-way.
Later, she tells her friend (the one that is married to the fake musician who can't even hold a guitar) that she doesn't think she loves Kang Tae-wook - and that she slept with a perfect stranger. The friend almost rips her hair out as she scream at her how dare she! Can I join her? Stop hurting uri Kim Ji-hoon!!!!! But Mopey calls The Snore "soulmate" - and I nearly throw up.
Another iteration of moping when she tells The Big Snore later (at the same café, which is now "Their" café, I'm guessing) that they cannot be. He is just a holiday fling, there are no big feelings, but she is very sorry. He almost cries.
Dragon Mother, oh my goodness, tells them in the next KJH scene that she doesn't need to prepare any wedding gifts. They go:
- When Clingy Wife asks Cheating Anchorman whether he has an affair with that woman, he denies everything. Roast in hell, bastard. Okay, the scene when she imitates him speaking English and claims his tongue trembles when he talks to the sexy Anchorwoman? Had me in stitches. And the next scene, when he talks about why he doesn't go to the public sauna? oh man, buahaha.
- When Cheating Anchorman goes on a business trip, Clingy Wife follows him. Incognito.
- Cheater Brother, who really wants to become a politician, orders Mistreated Wife to do a TV show with him.
- Career Woman is thinking about how to please the Vice Director. So far, she is little to no successful.
Final Thoughts and Comments:
Next episode. That's all.
And please don't make him hurt too much.