Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #432

Anne: Hello Everyone! Another two weeks have passed and I think I have finally climbed out far enough from the never ending hole of work, and I see a sliver of light. So exciting! I can now start getting through things that I've been putting off for...over a year. I'm not there just yet, but I am SO CLOSE!

Here's something that is kind of funny. The 6 year old needed a hair cut. His bangs were falling "into" his eyes. He was complaining about it. I figured, get these bangs cut above his eye brows, and that'll give him a few months before the hair ends start to stab his eye balls again. Well...he was already making a face at the hair cut place when he looked in the mirror. And when he was taking his shower where I was washing his hair, he put on this very large frown and said that he didn't want to go to school with this hair cut. He wanted to stay home until it mostly grew back. Take a wild guess why he didn't like his hair cut...Because his eyebrows were now visible. Who knew that he hated having his eyebrows shown?! Is this even a thing? So I had to promise that I will remember to make sure his eye brows are "covered" by his hair and to keep it "shaggy" the next time he needs a hair cut.

Who knew a 6 year old was so particular about his hair? I'm a few years from 50 and the most I do with my hair is twisted on my head and clip it into place. 

Anyway, so much for the difficult life of a 6 year old, it is time to go over the one show that I did watch since the last time we spoke.


Under the Microscope

 

This is the most exciting drama about the most boring topic I have ever seen! I would describe this as a very long court case about the silk tax, which led to property taxes and accurate measurement of acreage. Jia Mo is an adult on the autism spectrum whose parents died in a fire when he was very young, and his father was convicted of taking bribes.  At first, he doesn't remember much of his childhood or his parents, except for bits and pieces and a very specific number. And when he discovers a mistake in the taxes being collected in his county, this one issue led to a serious of problems that uncovered a bigger conspiracy. 

My character is Cheng Ren Qing,  


a lawyer whose work is proportional to how much he is paid. He is a smooth talker with his own set of morality. He might be the most complicated character of this drama.


Feng Bao Yu is the one who grew up the most from beginning to end. He started as a gambler always looking for the easiest way to get rich, and ended up maturing by learning through all the trial and tribulations as Jia Mo dragged him from one incident to another.

It is a short drama at only 14 episodes. It's a quick watch and for the most part, it moves faster than A League of Nobleman.


And sadly, that is all that I have watched. I made some headway with History 5, but for some reason, this entire plot is just a complete lost for me. Yes, I see the relationships develop, and so on and so forth, but nothing really happens to move the story forward...except the passage of time.

I also finally started and finished Flower Crew, which was pretty cute. I did have to FF the later parts just so I can finish without stopping. I have found that these days, if I pause, sometime I never get back to the show.

I am also keeping an eye on the handful of shows that all dropped this passed week, including The Journey of Chongzi, Taxi Drive 2, The Heavenly Idol (which looks super cute), Wu Lin Heroes (where apparently the FL isn't human?), and Bed Friend, a BL drama with some very cutie boys.


Have a good week everyone!