Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #434

Anne: Hello Everyone! I survived jury duty and again did not get picked. Now, despite the usual voir dire (which for some reason in Texas, decided to put a very Southern accent to these French words), I met a woman who was the juror immediately in front of me that exemplified the 7 degrees of separation hypothesis. Now, I have no idea what her name is, because by the time I remembered to ask her after a bathroom break, she had already left the building. Let me set the stage...I met a woman who was probably only a few years older than me, who emigrated from Taiwan to the same little city in south Texas, whose parents also had a restaurant in the same little town, and we both ended up in Houston with consecutive juror numbers. Why is this epic? It is because in this little town... there were probably only <10 far east Asian families. I really wanted to ask her what part of Taiwan she came from because I would have been floored if we came from the same town. Oh well... a mystery I will not be solving. Sometimes, I really need to remember to be more curious when I could still get the questions answered.

The second interesting thing that happened these last two weeks was my realization that this little 6 year old boy is a really good BSer. He was being stubborn and I told him that if he touched his tablet again, he would lose it for the rest of the night (which was only like 2 hours at that point). So what did he do? He looked me right in the eye, as he extended his right hand and touched the side of the tablet cover. I took the tablet away. His little eyes widened and the corners of his mouth dropped a bit, and he said, "but I only touched the side!" I reiterated what I said, and that I did not specify what "part". He then proceed to say, "But I wasn't listening carefully." And I asked, "Well.... you should probably listen carefully." Then he said, "But I was inside my head, talking inside my head, trying to remember what I did at school today, so I can tell you and we can have a conversation." Now, the words may not be completely exactly that, but he did use the word "conversation". This is when I realized that this little boy has BSing skills. Maybe all kids have inherent BSing skills.


Taxi Driver (Season 2)

How excited was I when I saw this air on Viki? I started this just this past week, even though only 6 episodes came out. Like season 1, I have not been disappointed so far. I was pleasantly surprised when Wang Tao Chi made an appearance in episode 2!

I don't know what it is about this character of his that makes me smile every time. And Lee Je Hoon is one of the few men who can make this outfit look manly.

What can I say...he's wearing my favorite color and he's "sparkly". So Hot!

I do admit the the case for episode 5 and 6 made me FF some of the scenes. I have found that I can't watch anything that involves abuse of children anymore. 

And are we all a little bit scared about what On Ha Joon will do? And where did HE come from?

Can't wait until the two episodes to be aired this week!


Decoy (part 1)


Being on a binge of Korean Crime/Revenge dramas, this popped up on my Viki list. I actually like the back and forth switching between the scenes. I've always liked this type of story telling, which allows the reveal of the story without having to go into a monologue. The story simple, about a con artist that escaped and ended up dead outside of Korea, No Sang Cheon. His victims who believes he is still alive and actively looking for proof of life. 

The first half of this story is all about No Sang Cheon and whether he is still alive or not. And some mysterious force committing murders of his original accomplices, blaming everything on No Sang Cheon. Is there a bigger conspiracy behind it? Is it just to restart the investigation into the Ponzi scheme? So many questions...that I have to wait until April to have it answered. 


History 5: Love in the Future


Well...all's well that ends well....I guess. Our least favorite couple from the previous story also made an appearance. I wished it was the 2nd CP, but I understand the CP is the CP. The other "odd" thing is that the plot never made any attempt to return Tai Che Ni to the year 2000. The show pretty much just told him that his grandmother died the same year he was "transported" to the future and that there was nothing he could go back to anyway, so he might as well stay in the future. There was never any explanation of how or why he was transported to the future. Seriously, the only reason I can see is for the main CP to get together, without the weird age thing...I guess. 

So, not the best of the series, and definitely had a plot that made even less sense then the previous one.  I'm really hoping the next one can get a writer to put this series back on track.


And this is it for this week. Have a wonderful week!