Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #465

Anne: Happy Tuesday again drama lovers! I've just spent an entire weekend with a sick little boy, and almost no sleep. At 1am in the morning, I heard a thump, and we thought he fell off his bed or something. We walked in to a bed partly covered with throw up and a large part of the side of the carpet... I don't know if he had food poisoning or a stomach virus. And that started a near 36 hours of every two hours of repeated stomach upsetting scenes. I don't think we ever got the smell completely out. 

Well...you would think that would be it...but no...after he felt better, I ended up being taken down by something. Also stomach related. The little boy was very sweet after school, telling me that he will make me feel better...I just need a snuggle buddy (in the form of a "creeper"), a blanket, a couch, and TV. Of course, a few minutes later, he asked me to fetch him a juice...me with my tummy still in a riot.

At least my issue didn't last as long, and was much better after about 12 hours. I do have a quick update on my last completed project.


Besides the obvious flaw that the bathroom (which is hard to see in this picture) has no door, I really like the overall frame of this "house". 

Now...with my updates out of the way...let's get to the major development this week.


Joy of Life (S2)


How long did we all wait for this one to finally make an appearance? Nearly 5 years...and what is this I see that there is a season 3? It's going to be a bit wonky if that takes another 5 years. I don't think they will be able to keep the seamless (almost) continuation. With my memory, I started season 2 and in 10 minutes, I had to stop it and go find season 1. I cannot remember what in the world happened in season 1 and who was who. So...I spent the last two or three days binge watching with FF through season 1. And based on WeTV's rankings...I'm not the only one who had to rewatch season 1.

Season 2 picked up exactly where season 1 left off, with the "death" of Fan Xian, and all the "readers" in the real world wanting to know if he really died. With the change in the actor for Yan Bing Yun, it was a good idea to re-shoot the last scene with the new actor. 

Fan Xian's death was questioned by everyone. So...that didn't last very long. The "flavor" of most of the characters were kept in place. The funny moments where the crown prince pretends that he's deaf and blind. And all the little conversations that "enemies" are having with one another. And all the "celebrity" fallout that happened after his "death". Even the performance "contest"...the DANCE! Kudos to the crew to keeping the tone fairly consistent. The introduction of the new characters whom we were not able to meet in season 1, especially Wang Qi Nian's wife, who,  besides having a strong personality, probably knows more information than her husband. (Also, why is Lin Wan Er a main cast? She didn't appear very much in season 1, hopefully, we see her more in season 2.)

So...what is the goal of everyone? To find the temple, but why? If no one can get in? And who else came from the same place? And is Wu Zhu a cyborg? So many questions... I need some answers this season!


Bridgerton (Season 3)


Ok, I know this isn't really part of our usual drama discussions, but I think this deserves a quick mention. Especially since they are telling the story, out of order (at least in terms of the books). I do seem to remember a lot of "running around" of Benedict, Colin, and Francesca (even though her story didn't come out until after Eloise). I did worry about how they were going to tell the story of Penelope, because in the book, she actually physically "changed" from book 1 to book 4. Basically, she "grew" up and lost the childhood girly looks (at least this is what I remember). I'm liking the way the story is developing, they kept the original intent of the plot. The show has actually drawn out her sisters' characters a lot more than what I remember from the book. I anxiously waiting for the second part!


And this is all I have watched of the major productions these last few weeks. I've been watching a lot of YouTube short dramas, just because I have an attention span issue these days. Let's see what else come about this coming week. There is at least one that I will check out, Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Red Moon Pact. See everyone next week!