Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #469

Anne: Happy Tuesday drama fans! Goodness, where does all my time go these days? We all remember when we were kids how slow time went, and I couldn't wait to grow up. Now... I just want someone to take care of me! How funny is that?! 

I did manage to take one week off to go to the beach house that my in-laws rented. However, like all my other vacations, if I'm just hanging around the house with wifi...I still do "work". What is even more ridiculous was that, for some odd reason, the week I'm off is also the week that new clients needed to speak to me. Sigh...so I worked at least 8 hours on my week off. 

Sadly, my drama watching has been stuck in those short-dramas on YouTube. I also watch quite a bit of these on the drama apps. What is with these that are SO addicting?! I think it's because of the fact that they just don't take that much time. 

I might post little updates through the week  instead of one big update. Let's see how this goes. My drama watching attentive span keeps shrinking. At this rate, I'll be FFing through all the normal length dramas in the future. 

But I do want to talk about one short drama series, of a sorts.


Urban Horror (Taiwanese)


From MDL, it had this listed as a 2023 series. I didn't see this until the last month. These are extremely short stories, 4 to 8 minutes shorties that are usually stand alone, with a few that are related to one another. Some are better than others, but these short horror stories reminds me of these two sentence short "stories" that I used to enjoy when I was a teenager. These stories are often just a slice of life, with no deep meaning of cause or even a resolution, and it relied mostly on imagination of the audience to complete the scenes.

There are a total of 34 episodes. For some reason, my favorite episodes are closely group in the middle and than a few at the end. 

Episode 10 is about a nice young man who offers to help a tourist take pictures. (Now understand that there is a major gap in the logic, but whatever, I really like it!)

Episode 11 is about a neighbor who helps signs for packages...and what happens when she became too helpful by receiving a package not meant for her.

Episode 12 is about the "street view" and how you can catch yourself on several freeze frames. Well...this woman finds that a certain person in red is always around whenever she is...

Episode 14 is about a woman who doesn't leave the house and while speaking on the phone with her friend about intruders, someone breaks into her house. 

If anyone likes short, slide of life horror plots, that are more like an idea instead of a full story. I highly recommend that you check these out.


Snow Fall


When I first read this synopsis, I admit that I was hesitant...a "vampire" story? Don't ask me why I never got into the Eastern dramas about western lore. But... this drama has gotten some very good reviews and I started it just recently. I'm not very far, but it is definitely not anything like what I imagined.

Shen Zhi Heng is a century old "vampire" not in the western lore, at least he doesn't kill people. Mi Lan is the eldest daughter of a wealthy business who was born blind. And because of her disability, she is treated badly and abused by her mother. On the day when she decided to end her life, she runs into Zhi Heng after suffering injuries due to an assignation attempt. As she was leaving to get his the help he needs, she runs into the person who tried to kill Zhi Heng. She pretended that she ran away from home after fighting with her mother. When she got home, as she was washing the blood (which is a mixture of hers and his), she brings the slightly bloody water to wash her face. The next thing she knows, she can see for the first time in her life. But it doesn't last very long.

The story is quite intriguing. I'm looking forward to see what develops. 


This is all I got through with all the short dramas that occupied all my time. Plus the planning of a little boy's 8th bday party. And trying to catch up with my work...which I never seems to be able to do.