Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #470

Anne: Happy Tuesday, or Wednesday, or whenever this post is read. Hope everyone in the US had a good three-day weekend. I spent the entire weekend debating if I should work or not. Am I crazy, or am I just a masochist? But, my laziness won out, and I decided to move a training presentation to the next week instead of trying to finish it with my other 3 presentations. I have spent a lot of time watching my YouTube dramas, but I did managed to catch one main stream production.


Faithful Love (流光引 )


This one is a bit hard to find based on the English title, due to the fact that there are too many other similar titles that came out this year. I can't remember why I started this show, out of all the others that aired in the last three weeks. I think it was the "God of War" mention and the "illegitimate daughter", both of which have been in my favorite short dramas lately. Well... everything points to this being a period drama of some sort...imagine my confusion when the first episode started like this...


For like a good minute...I'm wondering if the wrong video was linked. The battling of the super large snake...like Anaconda...was...odd. I literally was checking back and forth trying to figure out if I clicked a wrong button or something. NOPE. This is NOT exactly a historical drama...It's more of a transmigration one... Our FL finds a very shiny and decorated dagger...


...that transports her to "another" world and time.

The FL becomes Han Zi Qing, an unfavored (not illegitimate, she's just the a daughter of a concubine instead of the main wife) daughter of the prime minster. Her sister, sets her up to "lose" her reputation by getting her drunk, stays at an inn (thus staying out all night), and dumps the FL on the street with just her inner clothes. The reason? So she cannot participate in the selection to find a wife for Jun Bei Ye (the 4th Prince). Well... the problem...Jun Bei Ye was poisoned, and the only reason he lived was because he transferred his poison into the FL. And when the FL didn't die as expected and got up like nothing has happened, he became REALLY interested in her (Let THAT sink in...).

And when the ML showed up to court the next day...his brothers were a bit surprised. 

And there are two other people, using a gecko (or some other lizard thing), to "look" for something. and it appears that "something" is the FL. 

The interactions with the FL and ML is sometimes surprisingly funny. 

The best part was the "selection"...it was the fastest selection I've ever seen in a drama. He basically went up and down like twice...talked to two people, one of them being the FL. When he asked her about her "skills", she said that she had "none". The exasperation on his face was hilarious! Then he walked away, looked back and declared "I'm choosing you!" 

As more people "try" to dissuade him from choosing the "ruined" girl, the FL is rubbing her head in disbelief...an entire 5 minute conversation is being discussed in public. In the end, he took her home. And the only reason she "went" with him is because she saw the "dagger" on his person. 

Then there was this entire act with the conferring of the marriage. The emperor agreed to it, with the understadnjng that the FL will definatly not live long enough to be conferred. Thr SLOWNESS of the poor guy as he's trying to slow down the decree while watching the "sick" FL, who looked like would keel over any minute. 

I'll continue to follow...it's the same but also a bit different. 


Now...I want to spent a bit of time to discuss my YouTube dramas that I've been obsessed with these months. One of my current favorite plot lines is the one where a pair of sisters had completely different lives that seemed to start from when they made a choice on who to marry. To be more clear, the "bad" sister married "well" (the man is usually wealthy, high status, etc) and the "smart" sister was left to marry the "worse" man of the two. But in the end, the well-off marriage led to disaster and the "bad" daughter ended up destitute. Whereas the other daughter's husband achieved a lot of merit, made a bunch of money, and became quite respected and wealthy in the end. The "bad" sister kills her sister in jealousy. But they ended up both being "reborn" on the day of their wedding. This time, the "bad" sister decides to marry the "better" guy. The rest of the story is basically how the much of a role the "smart" sister had in the success of her husband/her life. 

They did this both as modern and costume...

https://youtu.be/-j0fYzpYYps?si=rCx0WfRRBQxJeFci



I'm looking to see if they will make more of this type of plot line. 



Ok...this is all for this post! I will see everyone next time. Maybe I'll find more mainstream drama to my linking. I also did finally start the Strange. Tales of Tang Dynasty II to the West. Have a great week everyone!