Days 43-47

During semester, I prepare my classes at Starbucks. Why? Because the coffee is so delicious!

Not true. No, it's because I am not left alone at the office, door knockings, phone ringings, emailings, you get the drift. So, I'm at Starbucks, concentrating and reading and summarizing all that clever stuff, which works really well. Alas, they have managed to have the exact same music playing for the last 4 weeks. We are talking about a 4 hours interval here. Some Piazzolla, some Sinatra, some jazz classics. And then there's the song "my Heart Belongs to Daddy". Every Wednesday, it comes on at around 11am. I seem to be waiting for it, subconsciously, because when it starts playing, my concentration evaporates and all I can focus on is that damn song.

And now it's stuck in my head. AND I have developed a fascination with words that rhyme with daddy.


(of all possible versions, this seemed the most appropriate for this blog)

I hope this goes away soon.