On we go! I'll do one Nikita, one GEoDiL episode in the future so that people needn't complain :)
This story develops in baby-steps, but there's still enough funny in every episode to make it a sufficiently fun watch.
Mijin is on her knees, begging. The whole Lee family turns their back on her - and violent Boknam even kicks her out, into the alley! Poor girl.
Awwww ... but look who isn't happy either ... it's Boksu. Maybe it's because he is hot and should really take off that shirt?
Things between Boksu and Mijin remain really awkward ... Finally, he calls her and tells her to come out with him.
Duh. Man: I suggest you try to listen to what your lady has to say next, okay?
Second Sad Wife is extremely eager to please her terrible MiL (who is SO HORMONAL, omg). Terrible MiL is having a very bad day. I think she needs to see someone for her mood swings, this can't be healthy. In a weird way, the two women bond over the common sadness. A little bit. And I soften a bit towards her. I feel sorry for her.
Inwoo (he's such a dimwit ... he is blowing up balloons for the set
at the office, a day before they are used on the set) is ordered to get
the late script from Boknam directly or lose his job. He hunts down Boknam and follows her to the house. And into her room ... where he sits and waits for her to finish writing: in her bed. Of course, she falls on top of him and ... in comes grandmother. She can get really viscous, we learn! A bloodied Inwoo is sat before the family tribunal - and tells them exactly how much Boknam has been slacking.
So, this drama continues to be a little too slow for my taste: forwards, backwards, sideways ... Just get married already! I never like it when people don't communicate (as happens all the time in KDrama), so I hope this Boksu-Mijin misunderstanding is resolved soon. That said, I guess the fusion of two very different families is indeed quite an issue to ponder - so it's realistic that everybody (including the bride and groom) have to think long and hard about it.
The second couple (Boknam and Inwoo) are also making progress. If course, they are in the "I hate you so"-phase, but we all know how this will end. I just wished they'd stop pulling those stupid faces.
My favorite character is Sad Second Wife (Suhyeon). Yup, that comes as a surprise to myself, too! She is so gentle and nice, and at the same time so unhappily married to a man who is still caught in memories of his first marriage. Now that the broody photographer has entered the picture, things will get interesting (especially since the family is at least partially to blame for his sister's plight). Of course, she's too good to cheat (I would say), but I'm guessing she will be sorely tempted.
- ► 2016 (334)
- ► 2015 (276)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 5 ...
- Can We Love? - Episode 8 (A LoveCap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Cutie Soo ...
- Can We Love? - Episode 7 (A LoveCap)
- Boys before Friends - Meet the New Zoey and the Ne...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 4 ...
- Boys before Friends - Episode 4 (A SnarkCap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 3 ...
- Can We Love? - Episode 6 (Recap)
- Boys before Friends - Episode 3 (A SnarkCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 5 (Recap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 2 ...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 1 ...
- Can We Love? - Episode 4 (A BriefCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 3 (A BriefCap)
- Can We Love? Yes, We Can (A Review of Episodes 1 &...
- Boys before Friends, Episode 2 (A SnarkCap)
- BoF (Boys over Flowers): The American Edition (A S...
- Golden Era of Daughters In Law - Episode 9 (KimJiC...
- La Femme Nikita - Innocent (S01E12) (Recap)
- Golden Era of Daughters In Law - Episode 8 (KimJiC...
- La Femme Nikita - Rescue (S01E11) (Recap)
- La Femme Nikita - Choice (S01E10) (Recap)
- La Femme Nikita - Gray (S01E09) (Recap)
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2013 (272)