Overall, this is a satisfactory episode. People get their power back and important decisions are made. The absolute highlight for me was the exposure of the MILDragon as the monster she actually is - and the whole getting-her-power-back thing for Ji-hyun. I am glad she got the character development she deserved ... we had to wait for it for too long!
Sun-mi, Yoon-Seok, and a bit of Jung-wan
We're back to the baby-confrontation in front of Sun-mi's house: Puppy Yoon-seok wants a genetic test, but Sun-mi lies to Puppy that it's definitely not his. He is not convinced, but what can he do? When she's inside and alone, tears well up in her eyes. I wish I could feel more sorry for you, but ... soon. Soon I'll be ready. Yes, the drama does indeed aim for rehabilitation of this dreadful character (of course), but like me, others in the drama are not quite ready to forgive yet. Sun-mi meets Jung-wan, several times. In one instance, she is deeply troubled about what lies ahead of her and she has nobody else but Jung-wan to talk to. She doesn't know whether to keep the baby or not - this is most likely her last chance to be a mother, but she also has no confidence to raise this baby by herself. Jung-wan doesn't offer any help or consolation, but just leaves the car without a word.
on a different planet than her.
Ji-hye, Gyu-shik, the MILDragon, and a bit of Ahn Do-young
Gyu-shik ... oh well. In this episode, he is again part horrible, part really pitiful. He presses ahead with the paternity case, now trying to get what he wants without his wife, who isn't signing the necessary documents. Of course, he frequently freaks out. Ji-hyun on the other hand ... YES, she finally takes things into her own hand! She goes to Sun-mi to talk about opening up a small shop - in which she wants to sell snack for kids. Sun-mi doesn't really understand why the wife of a rich household would want to do something like this, but she promises her friend to help.
MILDragon does talk to her son afterwards and indeed, she realizes that he doesn't want to let Ji-hyun go. As always, MILDragon pretends to be that nice and caring person, but as soon as he has left, she turns into a monster again. At home, Gyu-shik is furious that Ji-hyun went to see his mother. Why did she do that? But Ji-hyun has this well planned out. She never wanted to tell him, but now she has no other choice but to tell him what kind of two-faced monster his mother is. And she tells him about the constant abuse she got. Of course, Gyu-shik doesn't believe her ... but there is some doubt there at least.
Jung-wan, Oh Kyung-soo and the Rest
Jung-wan is incredibly down because of what her son said. She isn't telling Kyung-soo though (why? she never does ...), who is still very pushy, organizes a wedding planner and really wants to do this as quickly as possible. Jeez. At breakfast though, she does speak her mind ... to her son and to her mother. Of course, her son is quite burdened by it all ... and he calls Oh Kyung-soo. Oh immediately calls Jung-wan out (in the meantime, she tried to get her Ex to talk to Tae-geuk, but quite understandably, he refuses to do so), and they have a sweet moment in the car, where he tells her not to worry ... even if he is dumped right before the wedding, it's better than her running away AT the wedding. He says let's postpone ... the important thing is that they love each other. And he would never, ever want to separate her from her son. But he is quite glad he already told everybody they would get married! Because that means she cannot run away easily. Hahaha.
Alright! No more obstacles? Is that it? Is ex-husband out of the way etc. etc. etc.? I think we have four episodes to go, so many things can still happen ... let's just hope they won't. We also need to sort the lives of the other two women out, so there's plenty to tell in 4 more hours.
Do I want Sun-mi together with Puppy? Not really. She is aweful and even though she keeps thinking of him in odd moments, I don't think she should be lucky enough to be with such a sweet guy. I'd rather have them share some childcare responsibilities, on friendly terms, but without being together. A modern family.
Do I want Ji-hyun to divorce? Not really. I don't like the portrayal of divorce as something easy and as solution as soon as something goes wrong in a marriage. We just need to MILDragon out of the way and things will be much better. Gyu-shik has always been very good to her (before this whole mess started) and I believe him when he says he loves her very much. She is at fault for lying to him for all these years - but I think they can overcome these issues. Where does that leave Ahn Do-young? Well, he has a daughter now - and I do hope he and her non-birth parents and him can work something out that works for everyone. Another modern family. I'd like that!
- ► 2016 (297)
- ► 2015 (276)
- Cunning Single Lady / Sly and Single Again - Episo...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 13...
- Full House Thailand Episode 14 (A SqueeCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 16 (Recap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 15 (Recap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 13 (A SqueeCap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 12 (A SqueeCap)
- Boys before Friends - Episode 6 (yes, they actuall...
- Full House Thailand Episode 11 (A SqueeCap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 10 (A SqueeCap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 12...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 11...
- Full House Thailand Episode 9 (A SqueeCap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 8 (A SqueeCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 14 (Recap)
- Panda and Hedgehog - Episode 1 (A Cap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 13 (Recap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 7 (A SqueeCap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 6 (A Squeecap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 5 (A SqueeCap)
- Full House Thailand Episode 4 (A SqueeCap)
- Boys Before Friends - The Hostage Episode (which w...
- Full House Thailand Episode 3 (A SqueeCap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 10...
- Full House Thailand Episode 2 (A SqueeCap)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 9 ...
- Full House - Thailand Episode 1 (A SqueeCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 12 (Recap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 11 (Recap)
- Boys before Friends - (the much awaited (?) but qu...
- Battle of the Bums (Kim Bum, plural)
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 8 ...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 7 ...
- Can We Love? - Episode 10 (A LoveCap)
- Can We Love? - Episode 9 (A LoveCap)
- Boys Before Friends - Spring Break Confessions (in...
- Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation - Episode 6 ...
- ▼ February (37)
- ► 2013 (272)