Sorry peeps for taking so long to do this recap! There's this thing called real life and sometimes, it's a bitch. And in addition, my usual soft-sub supply has failed this week, which means I need to go a slightly more difficult route. Anyway. In episode 5 we finally reach the accident. I mean ... we're finally where we started, which means it will soon end. That much is certain and it gives me strength! Strength to get through the MUST.SEEEWWWWW years. Also known as the Jae-hwa-cries-all-the-time years, though he doesn't cry AT ALL in this episode.
JoAnne: Plus it means it's almost time for your beloved Kim Ji Hoon. Oooh! Maybe he likes to sew! Maybe that's how this goes!
In the I.Muuuust.Sewwwwww-universe, both women have identified a genius cross-stitcher. Whose version is the correct one? Ah, it's been so long since I recapped this show, I've forgotten all the names! Anyway, Good DIL teaches Evil DIL a lesson about ... sewing. In short: only the good can (or rather should) sew. It's not that I don't like this kind of philosophy (a piece of clothing doesn't only cover the flesh, it also covers the heart, for example), but this show is taking it "a bit" too far. In any case, Good DIL is no longer ready to help Evil DIL - she is turning less pure by the minute. That's progress, I'd say. She asks her husband (Bong One) to find out the location of that cross-stiching genius.
JoAnne: I laugh because I'm imagining that THIS is your cross-stitching genius.
JoAnne: What? A poor person who is not noble and determined to pay off all debts of every family member ever?
JoAnne: Can we just get on the road, already? Oh, maybe a bath first.
JoAnne: Clearly, dead man walking. All the signs are there. He's the only NICE one in the family, #1; he apologizes to his mother but she can't hear it, #2; the weather is bad and they're getting in a car, #3. But really, all you need is #1.
JoAnne: After that move I kind of think the kid might, too.
JoAnne: But he's a dick, so I don't care.
JoAnne: I'm actually glad they're going to lose her. Jerks.
JoAnne: Which oddly makes me feel better about something from the first episode - how could she just forget about her kid and drive away? Now I assume she never knew she was there in the first place.
The two Jee-boys bond over the thunder and promise each other neverdying love. Some shenanigans with the Second mother follow. Not sure what I hate most about her ... her make-up? Her voice? Her hair?
JoAnne: I sincerely regret those few minutes at the beginning where I liked her. I am so ashamed of that, Kakashi. How could I not have seen the signs?
JoAnne: One patch to rule them all, one design to guide them; one of them will take a fall, and in the falling, unbind them.
When Evil DIL sees them on the opposite lane in the heavy rain on her way to the Cross Stitching Genius, she makes a U turn and races after her SIL, realizing she must already have the Emblem. As we know, this is sew-life-or-death, so Evil DIL does a reckless overtake, which causes Good DIL to have the accident.
To her credit, she goes almost insane with worry ... until she realizes that her SIL's death would by default make herself Ruler over Sewing Deluxe. Loudly telling herself that it wasn't her fault, Evil DIL drives away. Even when she sees a running child in the rear-view mirror. That's Eun-bi, running away from the accident scene in horror and shock.
JoAnne: I see that now, and I think she sees it but doesn't see it, since she's in shock. It looks like both of them are dead, and she actually didn't have that in mind at all and her fear (for them and then for herself, belatedly) seemed pretty genuine. Another instance where she's a bad person but not an eeeeeeeeeevil plotting genius. When they do this to her it always surprises me in this show, that they would attempt to have layers. They make Jae Hwa's dad the same way - a jerk, but not entirely.
JoAnne: Smart little kid, I guess. Although perhaps she should have said something to let her mother know she was in the car? But she did fall asleep.
JoAnne: I hate these sort of stupid plans. It would be SO EASY to clear up the misunderstanding at the end and have it backfire on her, so why even bother? Except they won't clear it up, they'll let it hang on, and that's even worse for me (kiddo actually tries to tell on her in the next episode, but she doesn't let him). Why not just say the truth: Jae Hwa is the eldest son and designated heir, yes, but there are two sons, and both should know about their father's business, so take them both. Simple.
JoAnne: She can't be DEAD, Kakashi. It must be time for amnesia.
JoAnne: Oh damn, I did NOT see this coming.
JoAnne: At this point I'm pretty much done with MIL, too, because you know what, she certainly didn't HELP this situation any. And I have a particular dislike of those mothers who assume that they're the only ones with pain that matters when a grown child is injured or sick. He has a WIFE. She's the center of attention when it comes to her husband, not you, Mom.
Finally, finally, finally. We're at the switcheroo-part! Will it take 50 episodes for Evil DIL to get punished? Probably yes.
JoAnne: I can't believe no one is dead and I'm actually very curious to learn what happens next. How is this happening? I'm being hoodwinked by hanbok!
kakashi: Well, you're not the only one ... the show has fairly good ratings and I guess they will go up even more once we get to the real beauties!
- ► 2016 (334)
- ► 2015 (276)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 12
- Roommate Ep 3 - Love is an Open Door
- Gap Dong - A CreepCap ... The Creep Continues (ep ...
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 3 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 14 (KimJiCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 11 (A Slightly Calmer Sq...
- Roommate Ep 2 - Giffing to Know You
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 13 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 7 (A SqueeC...
- Roommate, The Move-In Episode 1 part 2
- Witch's Romance - Episode 10 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 12 (KimJiCap)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 2 (A SqueeCap)
- Roommate, The Introduction--Episode 1 part 1
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 6 (A Sex-On...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 9 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 11 (KimJiCap)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 1 (A SqueeCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 8 (A SqueeCap, Now Forti...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 7 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 10 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 5 (A SqueeC...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 9 (KimJiCap)
- A thing you've got to see (since it's some kind of...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 8 (KimJiCap)
- Gap Dong - A CreepCap (covering ep 1,2&3)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 4 (A SexyCa...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 6 (A SqueeCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 5 (A SqueeCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 3 (A SqueeC...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 7 (KimJiCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 6 (KimJiCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 4 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 5 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 2 (A SqueeC...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 3 (A SqueeCap)
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2013 (272)