This is the episode in which Kim Ji-hoon appears! Hooray! He is here! When he does, the drama becomes very funny all of a sudden. Or is it because I'm very much biased?!
JoAnne: No, the whole tone changed. It even looks a little different.
kakashi: Well, it definitely looks beautiful. Because ... yeah. Kim Ji-hoon.
Of course, it's NOT Eun-bi at that competition! Eun-bi, now Bo-ri, is still at the restaurant with her new mother, but she knows where her dreadful unni went: to Seoul! After being mean and terrible to her, Vegetable Ahjumma freaks out about her missing darling and runs (to Seoul? Ah, no ... just down the street).
JoAnne: I like this woman less and less, but I appreciate that finally there's someone poor and NOT very noble in a KDrama that isn't a pretty girl trying to get rich.
kakashi: Yup, agreed. She is not a very nice person, but there is something honest to her that I got to ... honor, I guess.
JoAnne: She is a brat but I admire her desire to go to school. She wants a better life, but she seems to want to make it better herself, not necessarily by just being pretty and marrying someone wealthy. Jury is out on whether she wants to go to school only to find that someone, of course.
JoAnne: So she brings Eun Bi's aunt to the house that Eun Bi lives in, and yet we know that the child isn't found until at least adulthood. Ok.
kakashi: I think it's called unmyeong.
JoAnne: I hope they keep this kid hydrated.
JoAnne: Well there goes that theory.
JoAnne: Rice Soup Ahjumma now, although that doesn't have the ring to it that Vegetable Ahjumma did. Mean Ahjumma? She's not always mean though. Dumb Ahjumma? She is always pretty dumb. The Reason MinJung is a Problem Ahjumma? Doesn't exactly trip off the tongue. NotMom? It will come to us.
JoAnne: I was SO HAPPY that this backfired on that scheming nasty piece of work. On the face of it, this show is ridiculous. But they KEEP having these moments where the characters can surprise you, and it keeps me wanting more.
JoAnne: If she were 16 I'd buy this. But this kid is what? Ten at most?
JoAnne: With my needle I will avenge you, my daughter! With my needle I will make you great! Just, you know, come home first.
JoAnne: Why has he not sent this woman off to live in a nice little house in the country where she can't bother anyone?
kakashi: I get the feeling he somehow ... likes her?! I know, sounds crazy, but why would he have made her pregnant and brought her to his house after that if not?!
JoAnne: Remember that they were in the same house together for several days, a house the size of my cubicle, and yet never saw each other. Remember that and shake your head in dismay.
kakashi: Nope, not the same house, I don't think. It's GooDIL's place. It's somewhere nearby, I assume.
JoAnne: Yeah, it would have been more believeable if she hadn't been so one-note up til now.
JoAnne: She loves her daughter a lot. I wonder if I could have made that same decision in the same circumstances.
JoAnne: She makes me cringe. It's too much. Her look, her sound, her personality, everything. Too overdone.
JoAnne: Wow, he is aging backward! How old is he really? Has he done Army?
JoAnne: The whiny crybaby grew up to be this jokester? Interesting. Good camouflage, though.
JoAnne: Oh that was awesome, Jae Hwa!
JoAnne: She has Hanbok in her heart.
JoAnne: Oh my goodness whoever this girl is she's adorable! And Min Jung seems nicer? God help me I prefer this one to Bo Ri right now.
JoAnne: Wow, daring! And yeah, there's the old Min Jung, just less obvious. She's pushing him away already, and still ashamed of her family. Although to be fair, if they show up her lie of the last 15 years is exposed.
JoAnne: That was completely awesome. Fight back, CryBaby.
She shows him the damage, but he is all "should have watched the puddle better" and doesn't even remotely think it's his fault. She calls him a Gangnam gigolo, but he just turns his back to leave, not interested in a fight, also saying he is "busy".
JoAnne: Agreed. He was a dick. But if I had someone all up in my face the way she was, I'd probably react the same way.
kakashi: I see you really don't like her. Fine with me, as long as you like him :)
JoAnne: And yet, somehow, the chemistry is so non-existent as to be a negative number. I hope that changes.
kakashi: I don't mind at this point! If they had chemistry, the hate wouldn't work so much. She needs to hate him and he needs to hate her and then, slowly, one of them falls for the other ... who is it going to be? I guess him.
Oh dear, this is funny! Is all the hanbok-madness behind us? Is this maybe not half as bad as I thought it will be?
JoAnne: I see two Hanbok Houses of Fame in our future, somehow. A rivalry. Sewing matches at dawn, needles drawn. Hemstitch to death!
One thing I'm sure about ... Jae-hwa is no crier anymore! Yay! He is part playboy, part jester and it seems his way of coping with the terrible stepmother is to a) get out of that place as quickly as possible and b) making her look bad at every turn possible.
JoAnne: Of this, I most heartily approve.
Bo-ri is exactly like Eun-bi was: too kind for her own good, unless someone in her family is threatened. Then she gets vicious. She will have to learn how to fight for her own rights and I am pretty sure that our gigolo prosecutor will be part of her learning curve. There's nothing better than a dicky man to make a woman realize her powers! Tame him!
JoAnne: I find her irritating at the moment. So I will use this space to say: Grown up Jae Hee! You're cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.
kakashi: I still need to warm-up to him, to be honest. I don't like his character, that's for sure.
- ► 2016 (267)
- ► 2015 (276)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 12
- Roommate Ep 3 - Love is an Open Door
- Gap Dong - A CreepCap ... The Creep Continues (ep ...
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 3 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 14 (KimJiCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 11 (A Slightly Calmer Sq...
- Roommate Ep 2 - Giffing to Know You
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 13 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 7 (A SqueeC...
- Roommate, The Move-In Episode 1 part 2
- Witch's Romance - Episode 10 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 12 (KimJiCap)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 2 (A SqueeCap)
- Roommate, The Introduction--Episode 1 part 1
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 6 (A Sex-On...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 9 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 11 (KimJiCap)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 1 (A SqueeCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 8 (A SqueeCap, Now Forti...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 7 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 10 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 5 (A SqueeC...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 9 (KimJiCap)
- A thing you've got to see (since it's some kind of...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 8 (KimJiCap)
- Gap Dong - A CreepCap (covering ep 1,2&3)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 4 (A SexyCa...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 6 (A SqueeCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 5 (A SqueeCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 3 (A SqueeC...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 7 (KimJiCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 6 (KimJiCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 4 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 5 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 2 (A SqueeC...
- Witch's Romance - Episode 3 (A SqueeCap)
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2013 (272)