Rants and Weekly Raves #169 (RAWR)

JoAnne:  Another week where as of Friday night I had watched Tribes and Empires and little else.
SakiVI: Just popping in to say hello and goodbye because busy, busy, busy. And I keep watching Fresh Off The Boat reruns, so I don't really have much to say anyway.
kakashi: I was quite good and watch up until episode 18 this weekend. I feel accomplished. 
Shuk: I think I might actually watch some KDramas this month.
***
RIP, Kim Jonghyun, kind soul. To everybody who loved him, our heartfelt condolences. Kim Jonghyun gave so many people hope and happiness - that he himself could not find any is incredibly sad. I hope he is in a better place now, where he no longer has to suffer.
My deepest condolences to all his fans, to Shinee, and to his family and friends. He was a caring person and will be sorely missed. The world has lost a shining star. RIP. 
My heart is breaking for the pain he felt, and for the anguish his loved ones must be suffering right now. He did absolutely shine, that precious boy. We are less without him. You did well, Jonghyun.  You worked very hard. Rest in peace now.
Just a sad sad tragedy, for his family, friends, and fans.

KOREA

In the second week of December, my true loves said to me...hey, are you not watching ANY TV?

I Am Not A Robot 

This continues to be cute because of the charm of the leads and very low on the angst. They're already falling for each other, but of course there'll be a big blow up when the truth is revealed.

The Black Knight 

Watched all 4 available episodes in a row. I had no idea what it was about, but I have soft spots for both Kim Rae Won and Shin Se Kyung so I wanted to check it out. The first episode was a little scattered (okay it was weird and disjointed) at least for a person coming in with no background, but it has since settled down quite nicely. Two big pluses: first, we get the childhood stories in flashbacks, bit by bit reveals that fit in well with the story; and second, there will be antagonists, of course, but there are no hateful second leads. At least, I think not: her ex-boyfriend is mostly played for laughs, and his ex-wife isn't someone he even looks at, not that he knows who she is. Even if he did, it wouldn't make a difference.
I watched the first two so far. The first one confused me, but now I'm intrigued on where the storyline might go. Plus it's nice not having a lot of violence and angst in the secondary characters.

Money Flower 

All caught up but for episode 12. A LOT has happened, none of it good, but all of it incredibly entertaining. This is top quality revenge melo. There's no screaming, either. Might be a classic in the making, folks. Jang Hyuk is at the top of his game and his supporting cast is very talented.
7 kept crashing for me, and then I never went back.  But after reading "classic in the making," I want to download all the episodes for holidays.

BAD GUYS CITY OF EVIL (NEW OMG) 

Yes, but....
I looked so many places.  Plenty are streaming, but no one is subbing.  Did you not learn last time, people?  Even DarkSmurf has nothing!  This was a cult hit!  Come on!

NOT KOREA

Dou As I Say 

Reunion!
Someone doesn't follow direction very well.

Lucifer 

Extremely boring episode until the twist at the end - half expected, half unexpected.