It's my turn this week! I'm in a stinky mood. I'm tired. I'm vicious. Alright, drama, you wanted it - and now, you get it! --- is what I thought. But then, surprisingly, this episode wasn't too rage-inspiring. Only extremely boring. Though Asshat is still around.
JoAnne: I am exhausted because I ran away with Aaron Yan this weekend. It was so worth it. So Polar Bear better watch out and Ji Yeon too, probably, but my love for the puppy and Cutie is still intact because Aaron... that's a different kind of love. Much sweatier. Much.
After an abundance of men, Ji-yeon suddenly finds herself without one. That must be tough! Asshat gives her the boot wedding-wise, and Dong-ha is waiting outside the condo complex, suitcase in hand. Ji-yeon comes walking and is, as Dong-ha immediately notices, crying. She barely looks at him though and doesn't even stop. Of course he is worried. He also has bad skin, no wonder with all the crying and heart break.
JoAnne: This is what happens when you don't follow your heart, Ji Yeon.
JoAnne: See, I think it's good that she cries here. Cathartic. And it IS sad, when you look clearly at their history. They didn't fall out of love, they were shoved out. It's right that they should mourn those innocents from 6 years before. They still respect and care for each other.
JoAnne: How was that useless? It gave us more bromance.
kakashi: You're right. At 07:53, there's the reappearance of "the foot"!
JoAnne: She cried. That causes fevers, too.
JoAnne: Not fair, sort of. She made a decision NOT to tell Dong Ha her feelings. Her decision was based on what she thought Dong Ha wanted and what she assumed is the right thing for him based on what he told her that night. That decision isn't negated by her sudden freedom, so why would she suddenly tell him the truth? And I can't honestly say that it's automatically stupid not to try with the hot younger man, because we know in real life those risks don't always pan out.
kakashi: Nono, not that part. That part isn't stupid. But the LYING is. And the doing what she assumes it right for him. It's probably what I hate the most in KDrama.
JoAnne: I agree. It is sad. And I think you're right that the angst period in dramas is too long, but I'm still willing to put up with it for the most part. How many hours do you think a drama should be?
kakashi: It should be as many hours as it needs to tell a good story. If it doesn't have much story, stop wasting my time.
JoAnne: We may. And really, after 6 years, can we just throw the fugly shoes AWAY?
(that was cute) Outside, the mood turns somber when Cutie and Dong-ha see the angry relatives of that person that died because no doctors were available. And of course, his father appears - but instead of him getting out of the car, Dong-ha gets in the car. He wants to protect his father! Awwwwwww. But courageous dad gets out anyway and is attacked by the angry mob.
JoAnne: How is there only one surgeon available at a particular time? They have those fucking awesome cell phones - put people ON CALL.
JoAnne: You are very mean.
kakashi: No, I am merely summarizing what happened!
JoAnne: I need more kisses, yes.
JoAnne: HOLY FUCKING OUCH. No wonder Dong Ha doesn't want to hang out around his dad.
JoAnne: I totally bought it, right up until the head-butt.
JoAnne: Plus he also knows what Polar Bear meant by it's not too late, and of course you also get why last week the differing translations people talked about made a difference.
JoAnne: I like his subdued voice. It's very nice. Also, he could hug me. I would let him.
Alright, let me summarize what happened in this episode: Dong-ha found out that Asshat found out that Ji-yeon has feelings for Dong-ha. I call this progress! Wow! Though, maybe, next time, you could try not to stretch something so thin to 60minutes, drama? It is plain boring! The office people are extremely annoying, so I could live well without any of them. We know Mom and Mr. Sheksi like each other, but can we move on? Even the fishcake people are starting to get on my nerves with their ever-same antiques. I'm glad it's over soon, yes, now I said it. Just make up with your dad, Dong-ha, and become a doctor. The end.
JoAnne: We've left TW-Drama territory and have both feet firmly in KDrama at the moment. I'm ok, but just once, could I have 3 or 4 episodes of cute and happy at the end of something?
- ► 2016 (303)
- ► 2015 (276)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 9 (A SqueeCap)
- Roommate Episode 8 - You're My Number 1
- Rants and Raves #2
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 8 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 22 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 11 (A Squee...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 21 (KimJiCap)
- Roommate Episode 7-- The Hilarity Returns!
- Rants and Raves (Our Very First WeCap!)
- Nail Shop Paris Episode 8 - A SongJaeRimJob
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 10 (A DumbA...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 20 (KimJiCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 19 (KimJiCap)
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 7 (A SqueeCap)
- Roommate Eps 6 - Bom's Message Becomes a (Fake) Re...
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 6 (A SqueeCap)
- Nail Shop Paris Episode 7 - A SongJaeRimJob
- Golden Era of Daughters In Law - Episode 16 (KimJi...
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 18 (KimJiCap)
- Nail Shop Paris Episode 6 - A SongJaeRimJob
- Roommate Episode 5 - You Are My Spring
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 17 (KimJiCap)
- Fall In Love With Both Of Me - Episode 9 (An Idiot...
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 5 (A SqueeCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 16 (KimJiCap)
- Jang Bori Is Here! - Episode 15 (KimJiCap)
- Witch's Romance - Episode 14
- Witch's Romance - Episode 13
- Roommates Episode 4- Where Did Wookie (and the La...
- Doctor Stranger - Episode 4 (A SqueeCap)
- Fall In Love With Me - Episode 8 (An IdiotiCap)
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2013 (272)