Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #396

Anne: Spring break is finally over and the five year old is back at school. I now have a little peace and quiet while I am working from home (yes, I went nowhere, I am very boring)...because I'm sharing an office with another manager because we don't have enough space for everyone to be onsite. Now granted, the ground is being leveled for two more buildings and a parking garage (yes, there are also not enough parking spaces) but it might be a few months before we see the fruits of that labor. In the meantime, I'm planning another team building activity, inter-department this time with QC. While tossing around ideas for activities, someone suggested paintball, which quickly got squashed because there is high risk that certain individuals might take the opportunity to vent out unresolved issues. My plan is to indoctrinate everyone I work with on the meaning of Lab Week. I am constantly surprised that no one around me at work knows about this great holiday. What I would like to do is plan activities in lab (such as pipetting contests speed/accuracy)...but this will take more coordination than I have time for to schedule several concurrent activities for 180 people. 

Despite my work schedule, I did manage to watch a lot of TV...okay, I should rephrase and said "a lot" for me. Before we get into the shows, let's take a look at my fan girling target this year.




Military Prosecutor Doberman


Well...I guess this conspiracy is way beyond one person's greed for money and power. It involves a WHOLE group of them. 


Do Bae Man is finally allowed through the doors of the good guys' secret society, in an odd coffee shop that serves coffee through a vending machine. I really like the know the story of how this one came about. Hopefully we will get some of the back story later.

 

The idiot boy had no idea that he was set up to allow to desert. And seriously, did Yong Moon Goo had a brain spasm or something? Why did  a man who prided himself on knowing how to get people to do his bidding, publicly humiliate this spoiled little rich brat in a room full of men? I guess the lawyer didn't think the kid would be able to escape. And it is highly likely that he won't have succeeded if Do Bae Man didn't "help" him along the way. 

The face of a man who realized the type of clients he will have at his civilian high paying job. I do wonder if Cha Woo In made this happen? I mean this girl bought a company just to get intel. Now I really do wonder how rich she is.  

I cannot wait to see what will happen next!


Legally Romance 

I literally marathoned through all 18 available episodes. This continues to be a delight and an easy watch. The 2nd and 3rd FLs and MLs are all really nice people. The only true evil people are peripheral characters. Even the two male rivals, Lu Xun and Li Chong Wen not only did not do anything underhanded to defeat their rival, they mutually helped each other if needed. This prompted our FL, Qian Wei, to make a comment about the odd CPs that kept popping up in this re-lived life of hers. 

Even so, there are limits because they are love rivals. But their "rivalry" are too funny. For example, when Li Chong Wen bought Qian Wei a boba milk tea, Lu Xun grabbed it before she could accept, thanking Li Chong Wen for knowing that he liked this type of drink too. And when Li Chong Wei accepted Lu Xun offer of a "drink" from the same drink, he didn't hesitate (which is another odd CP moment between the two)...

Then proceeded to finish the entire drink in one breath (while glaring at the other boy) because he was NOT about to let Lu Xun have something that he bought for Qian Wei.

One of the best thing about this show is the bickering between the leads. (The good thing is that they do resolve it...like adults.) It penetrates every aspect of their lives, including when they were helping Liu Shi Yun to fulfill her dream of staring in a musical. 

Neither of them could lie to save their lives. And I love this pairing of them switching the roles in this Journey to the East adaptation. 

And at this point, Lu Xun has confessed his feelings and Qian Wei also realized that she also returns his feelings. She starts to see all the things that she missed before due to changes in her behavior this time. Including the billboard and the fixed lights on her walking path to the bus stop to visit her dad in the hospital. 

I like everything about this drama. Everything is super sweet and innocent.


Be My Princess

And now ladies, the reason why I put that picture at the very top of the discussion. Jeremy Tsui has a new drama out! (The dubbing and the misalignment of the mouth and speaking is bad enough that I even noticed.) This is like a mix between Love Script and One and Only. The ML is a famous actor name Mu Ting Zhou who gets very deep into the characters that he plays. Ming Wei is a new actress who was picked to be the FL in his new upcoming period drama about a royal tutor and the Princess who was his student. The story is tragic all around. After a serious traffic accident, Mu Ting Zhou wakes up thinking he is the royal tutor and that Ming Wei is a princess and that they both some how had their memories wiped and brought into this strange new world. So because the only person that Mu Ting Zhou recognizes and listens to is the "Princess" Ming Wei, she is hired to help him through the illness by playing along with his delusion as a way to keep him functioning.

Xiao Zhao is Mu Ting Zhou's personal assistant/manager/friend, who really is very wealthy but prefers to be working for his friend rather than his family's business. (I wonder if he even gets paid for this job, since it doesn't seem like he needs the money.) Ming Qiao is Ming Wei' kick-ass sister. 

And then you have the A-hole ex-boyfriend of Ming Wei, 

Who, apparently, doesn't wear a shirt under this blazer (this bothers me the same way when I see no socks in loafers).

And how bad is Mu Ting Zhou's self delusion? Well...when Xiao Zhao got fed up with Mu Ting Zhou's lecture about how the Princess cannot be in a situation where she would be taken advantage of, Xiao Zhao basically showed him a picture of the Princess kissing the Royal Tutor (in a scene from the drama), and said that he already did it...

Xiao Zhao had to prevent Mu Ting Zhou from killing himself as punishment for offending the Princess.

Side note, I really like the modern clothes in this drama. 

I really want this coat!


This is NOT a well cooked steak. At least put a little more effort in the props. The thing was so raw, the cut marks were hilarious.

And because of Ming Wei' special job, she lives in a "courtyard" that is basically the ML's house. And when her father comes charging into the house to take her away from this suspicious man, whom he thinks has designs on his daughter, Mu Ting Zhou and the FL's father had a knock-down fight.


What is funnier is that Mu Ting Zhou wasn't a clear winner. This is the last scene I saw before I stopped, when the daughters and the assistant finally pulled them apart. Do we see the resemblance?

A great show with some unexpected comedy.


And that's it for this week. I didn't get to watch The Oath of Love, so if anyone has seen more than the first five minutes let me know how it is. Have a great week everyone!