Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #456

Anne: Hello Drama Lovers! It's only Wednesday and the anxiety inducing client workshop has finally ENDED!!! I can't believe how relax I am right now. To be clear, the client workshop went exactly how I predicted, not believing the advice that I'm giving despite me having taken more than one program through the regulatory hurdles to bringing a drug to market. 

So now that this stress is gone...I am back to watching shows. During the two weeks of stress, the only thing I could focus on were those short dramas on YouTube. The plot is very similar that I can just zone out to them without investing any emotional attachment. Now that I've started being interested in the longer dramas again, I'm now faced with the next problem...which one do I even want to start an initial investment? It shouldn't be this hard...right? 

But let's do a quick review of the shows that I have started recently...


Gourmet Affairs


This is a Taiwanese drama that I've saw a few weeks ago. But like every other Taiwanese drama, this airs at the pace of 1 episode per week, so...I was waiting for a time when I have enough stored up. At this point, only 7 episodes have aired, and there is a total of 12. This show reminds me of Let's Eat, but the background drama is a crime story. And episode 1...


...I want hotpot at the end... And unlike the Korean drama (where I might not know all the yummy food shown), this show is in Taiwan...so...I might be making an impulse plane ticket purchase...

Ok...the plot...The story is about a detective, Zhu Po, who suspects that a series of related murder cases is committed by a professional hitman. After a particularly bad day, he gets to a hotpot restaurant and he's right on time. However, there is only one table left, and there is another single customer. The owner puts them together at the same table and told them to share, since it's the last one. While neither was particularly enthusiastic about this idea, they both really really want to eat the hotpot. So...they share the food, and experiments with the other's method of eating. At the end of the meal, they part ways.

The other lone customer is Li Zi Dong, the hitman that killed the person at the crime scene Zhu Po was at that very day. And episode 1 ends with Zho Po running into Li Zi Dong at the fish market, and asking him if he wants to eat with him.

So yes I am defiantly going to continue this....if only to look at ALL the food that they are eating.


The Last Immortal


This one I started mostly because of Zhao Lu Si. Then I realized that this was the continuation of Ancient Love Poetry, and actually went back to remind myself what in the world happened. It really is a continuation...of the little boy from the previous drama. 

The story started, somewhere in the middle, after A Yin has already forgotten her identity. Then we travel backwards in time to when she met Gu Jin. The relationship is built upon the last show, where the True God's spiritual "pet" is the most powerful Phoenix at the time. 

While I do like this type of genre, there is something odd about the ML's looks. I don't know what it is...maybe his styling is just off or something. I'm not feeling the interest to chase this drama, so I'll probably FF through it once it has finished airing all the episodes.


The Blue Eye Samurai


This one I did not choose to watch. I was watching because my husband started the show. The story is about Mizu, a girl who is an outcast due to her mixed heritage, and her path of revenge. This is the simple story, the plot involves a few more characters that play different roles in her life. The ending is the door to season 2, which has been announced.

As a person who normally do not watch this type of show, I really liked it. There is no niceness in the story. Mizu's features are very sharp, with no softness to indicate that she isn't a man. This is a very visually stimulating show. It also has terrific story telling.


And this is yet for the week. If anyone watched A Journey to Love, let me know how it is. I keep seeing the high ratings...but I have been fooled before. Have a great week everyone!