Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) #472

Anne: Hello everyone! Hopefully these past couple of weeks has brought some interesting dramas into everyone's life. Although from what I see on my apps...nothing too exciting has aired lately. So...since my drama selection remain a bit sparse...I've started my next "miniature" project.


This kit has components that are smaller than the other ones that I have done. But the item pieces do fit much better then the previous kits. Looking forward to completing it!

While I continue my obsession with the YouTube short dramas, I did manage to watch a few select dramas. Although I am still quite behind on everything.


Love Next Door

Only ONE more week to go and 3 episodes from the end, this relationship finally advanced to something beyond a friendship. For the entire time they were "talking" in bed, I have expected that this "secret" relationship gets exposed by her family coming back early. (Her parents and his parents went on an overnight trip. Her brother was also out of the house with his friends. It's the perfect setup for the the "surprise discovery". But it didn't happen. They managed to put on their clothes and was mostly presentable downstairs from the time her parents opened the outer door to the entering the door to the house.

The entire episode went by without any one finding out. It's a record in Asian drama land!

Bae Seok Ryu's best friend, Jung Mo Eum, who confessed her love to Kang Dan Ho (in a sort of round about way by saying that she wished that Kang Yeon Du was also her daughter) got rejected. We find out a bit more about Kang Dan Ho and his daughter, who is actually his niece. He has decided to give up his life in return to taking care of the little girl, because he feels tremendous guilt for not being with his family (due to his work) when the car accident took his brother, his sister-in-law, and both his parents. He might be finally breaking down so looking forward to this new development.

In the meantime, Jung Mo Eum got and passed her interview for the South Pole posting (I can't imagine wanting to willing to be stationed at a place that cold). Choi Seung Hyo's dad finally confronted his suspected love rival, unfortunately, there was a reason why the foreign minster never married.

Every character has some growth. Some more than others. Looking forward to completing this at the end of this week!


Alice in Borderland

Ok... I know I'm a couple of years late on this one. But my husband wanted to start watching this and we finished both seasons last week. Long story short, it's like Lost (which I did not watch so I really don't know the plot except that there was some monster on the island). It's like a bigger Squid Games. Overall, I do like the plot development, and how they linked fireworks to the event. Besides the dramatic elements and the redemption aspects that is still very 

I have a co-worker who said recently that if she ever dies in an accident, a plane crash would be the best because it's over quickly and the likelihood of surviving with injuries are usually pretty slim. And my response to her was...how do you know it will end quickly? It only ends quickly for the people outside of the crash, because we see it end. There is no guarantee what type of experience those in the situation would be experiencing. She told me to stop ruining her "perfect" scenario. 

I think I might like Season 2 better, as they advance the story to the face cards. And I'm a little obsessed with the Queen of Hearts and the King of Clubs. 

I like her because of her outfit. The man...well... you will know if you've watched the season! It's ridiculous how he capture my attention...hahahahaha.

Anyway, I do hope they have a season 3, but it will have to be completely outside of the manga. Let's see if the group of writers can turn the new season into something worthwhile. (Please don't disappointment me like Kingdom... I really wish they would finish the story...at least.)


I've also started watching the Taiwanese BL drama First Note of Love. It's only so, but cute. so it's good enough to continue. And I've started re-watching What's Wrong with Secretary Kim again... Still one of the best romantic comedies...that is actually a comedy. Ok...this is it. I see a bunch of shows have popped up on various apps. I just haven't had time to start. Have a great week everyone! Find something good to watch!